Health analytics is the process of analyzing healthcare data to make predictions on clinical endpoints, improve medical research, and better manage the offer as well as the quality of care.
The field covers a broad range of disciplines, from biostatistics and epidemiology to statistics, computer science, health economics, and offers insights on both the macro and micro level of the healthcare process.
It can reveal paths to improvement in patient care quality, clinical data, diagnosis, and business management.
When combined with statistical modelling, machine learning and data visualization tools, health analytics helps clinicians and people in charge with healthcare government to operate better by providing real-time information that can support decisions and deliver actionable insights.
In particular, the research in this area is focused on:
- Statistical modelling for Medical Imaging, Text & Vital Signs
- Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence for precision medicine
- Pharmacoepidemiology & Healthcare Assessment via Real World Data
- Clinical consuelling
Among others, 5 core partnerships/projects collect the main research efforts from of the group:
- HDS – Health Data Science Center @ Human Technopole [see opportunities to join]
- Regione Lombardia
- Accordo quadro HUMANITAS University – Politecnico di Milano
- Accordo quadro ASTRAZENECA – Politecnico di Milano
- HEALTH BIG DATA – Virtual Institutes of Pathology of the Italian Network of IRCCS